Healthy Families Initiative; A Coordinated School Health Program
Our first community event of the school year 2020-2021…
Join us on Halloween night to dance your socks off. Watch our dance party crew take part in some fun and silly activities. Look below for the needed supplies and you can play at home too!
- Special guest DJ SpookTaztick on the music mix
- Costume dress up while showing off your dance moves
- Mummy Roll- Kids use one or two rolls of toilet paper and wrap up a family member or friend!
- Eyeball search- Kids get blindfolded and search for plastic “eyeballs” in a bowl of slimy pasta!
- Spider race- Kids use a straw to blow a plastic spider across the table, first one across wins!
- Check out all your friends from school on the gallery view to see everyone party as a community
The mission of the University of Texas Elementary School is three-fold: (1) to develop students into lifelong learners through rigorous, research-based curricula, individualized instruction, high expectations, and a nurturing environment that includes parental and community involvement; (2) to provide opportunities for professional development and outreach for The University of Texas at Austin’s academic units; and (3) to serve as a model of an exemplary educational program for diverse learners.
The vision of the University of Texas Elementary School Healthy Families Initiative is to build a community of dedicated students, families, teachers, companies, and organizations to create an environment that not only promotes a healthy and active lifestyle, but provides opportunities for students to actively explore the benefits of this way of life.
Watch our chef’s in action as they prepared for our last fundraiser dinner.