UT Elementary School has been closely following the media reports and information shared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The University of Texas has established an executive planning team to prepare for the Coronavirus, monitor the situation closely and provide operational updates as necessary. This is a reminder that our policy for school closures remains that UT Elementary will follow the lead of Austin ISD if Spring Break is extended. Specific information will be provided through email, Class Dojo and the UTES website.
Families are urged to remain vigilant in their efforts to stay healthy. The University of Texas has identified the following prevention guidelines:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into the elbow or sleeve — not the hands.
- Avoid shaking hands. Use a verbal greeting instead.
- Stay home when sick.
- When using a tissue, throw it in the trash immediately after use.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke after others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid non-essential travel to countries/regions with travel advisories/restrictions.
- If you experience symptoms of respiratory illness, please see your doctor immediately.
Next week our custodial crew will be deep cleaning all classrooms with Alpha II 256 which is a quaternary disinfectant cleaner and works towards killing the virus.
We thank all families for preemptively minimizing potential spread of the virus and for taking extra safeguards with upcoming travel plans.
Thank you for your support of UT Elementary School. Updated information from the CDC on Coronavirus can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. The most recent information about Coronavirus in Texas may be found at https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/