Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now being accepted. Classes are taught by certified teachers and follow the UT Elementary School calendar beginning at 7:45 a.m. and ending at 3:30 p.m. each day (Monday-Friday). The Pre-K program follows the 2022-2023 UT Elementary School’s 10 month calendar (August 4 – June 2).
- Children must be 4 years of age on or before September 1 to enroll.
- For the 2022-2023 school year, there are vacancies for our Pre-K program. Families who reside in the following school districts are eligible to apply:
- Austin ISD
- Del Valle ISD
- Eanes ISD
- Hays CISD
- Leander ISD
- Manor ISD
- Pflugerville ISD
- Important Note: Pre-K students must re-enter the lottery for admission to UT Elementary for Kindergarten. The exception is if they already have a sibling attending.
UT Elementary offers two cost options Tuition Supported Pre-K and the free Federal Pre-K Program for qualified families.
Tuition Supported Pre-K
- $30 application fee
- Monthly tuition fee is $700 per month
- $150 deposit is due upon accepting an opening and will be applied towards August tuition. This deposit is not refundable.
Federal Pre-K Program
To qualify for the free Federal Pre-K program, families must provide documentation of one or more of the following factors:
- Limited English speaker (assessment will be given)
- Qualify for free or reduced lunch
- Military or foster child
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter or emergency medical first responder
All applicants must complete the application below – including The Texas Education Agency Charter School Admission Application, The UT Elementary New Student Application and the Home Language Survey – and submit the required documents listed below.
The following 5 items are required to be submitted with each application (tuition or free):
- Child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency (Utility bill or rental lease/contract)
- Parent photo I.D.
- Child’s immunization record
- Application Fee (for Tuition Supported applications) OR
- Proof of income (for Federal Pre-K) Current pay stub (last 2 if you are paid weekly) or SNAP Eligibility Letter
For more information, please call 512-495-3300.